Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yummy M&Ms


As you hold these candies in your hand
And turn them, you will see
The 'M' becomes a 'W',
An 'E', and then a '3'.
They tell the Christmas Story--
I'm sure it's one you know.
It took place in a stable
A long, long time ago.
The 'E' is for the East,
Where the star shone so bright
The 'M' is for the Manger,
where the Baby Jesus slept at night.
The '3' is for the Wisemen,
Bearing gifts, with which they came.
'W' is for Worship,
Hallelujah! Praise His Name!
So as you eat these candies
Or share them with a friend,
Remember the meaning of Christmas:
It's a love that never ends.

This is going along with some M&Ms for my visiting teaching friends for their Christmas gift! I thought it was cute so I thought I'd share! It's always difficult to get a good gift for friends and neighbors.

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Joy said...

I luv the poem! I used to liv in Virginia and there were lots of trees around just like in ur header... I miss VA. Sorry 4 moping. I'm x-cited 4 c-mas! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! :D

Toodles said...

That's such a cute poem! I may have to print if off and use it! Dirk's mom Carol has a bunch of little Christmas stories she uses (a whole book full).

Ellie looks soooo darling in her little blessing dress! I'm glad the day went so well for all of you!

mommyshan said...

Definitely going to use this... Thanks!

Mara said...

That is a cute poem. i have been looking for something cute for the kids to do for secret santa and this is perfect.

My favorite neighbor/v.t/teacher gift is a roll of wrapping paper, tape and gift tags all tied together with ribbon- it is cute and practical and non-fattening